Travelling to Hanoi city offers delicious street food that can be found everywhere and is an integral part of the livelihoods of many locals in the city.
Hanoi secret coffee tour
Highlights of this experience:
- Explore the beating heart of Hanoi through our awesome coffee culture and visit the city’s most secret/hidden cafes.
- Stopping through 4 different Vietnamese style cafes with our experienced guide.
- Hanoi’s history and culture with the attractive sites
- Ask our awesome coffee tour guide about the culture of Vietnamese coffee and what it means to them
- Learn the secrets to how to make some of Vietnam’s famous coffee drinks
- Learn about the past, present and future of Vietnam’s coffee culture.
Hanoi’s unique coffee culture
The French named Hanoi “Little Paris” during their colonization in the 19th century, and introduced coffee culture to the city. Since then, it has become a popular drink and the Vietnamese have even created their own unique ways of enjoying a cup of coffee.
Welcome to our Hanoi Secret Coffee Walking Tour! We will take you on a journey to discover some of the city’s most unique and hidden cafes, showcasing the evolution of coffee culture in Hanoi.
We will start our tour by taking you to a French mansion built in 1936. This historic building is home to a secret coffee recipe brewed with a special ingredient, which our guide will show you how to enjoy in style. Afterward, we will embark on a “secret walk” through the old quarters, giving you a glimpse into the daily lives of local people.
Next, we will visit a hidden gem of a cafe located on the second floor of a multi-functional building. This cafe is so discreet that it often goes unnoticed by passersby, yet it is one of only three original “Hanoian cappuccino” cafes in the city.
Our third stop will be at The Art Cafe, known for its unique bitter coffee style and its fascinating history dating back to 1952. Our knowledgeable guide will share the fun stories and secrets behind this quirky cafe’s architecture and decor.
Lastly, we will bring you to one of the newest concept coffee bars in town, featuring single-origin Vietnamese coffee from the Central Highlands. Our guide will demonstrate live how modern technology is used to produce a cup of high-quality local coffee here. You’ll learn about the latest trends in Hanoi’s coffee culture and see how it has evolved over time.
Throughout the tour, our knowledgeable guide will share interesting stories about the history and culture of coffee in Vietnam. You’ll learn about how coffee has become an integral part of Vietnamese culture and how the French colonial influence shaped it. Our guide will also show you how the Vietnamese have developed their unique coffee brewing techniques and the different ways they enjoy their coffee. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and interact with locals, giving you a glimpse into the daily life and traditions of the people of Hanoi.
This tour is perfect for coffee lovers and anyone who wants to experience the hidden gems of Hanoi’s coffee culture. Join us for a unique and unforgettable experience!
Duration: 2 hours
Group Size: 2-10 people
Time: @9:00 – 11:00 (Hanoi time)
Meeting Place: In front of St. Joseph Cathedral (40 P. Nhà Chung, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội)
Private/Customized Tour: Available upon request
• We will start our session by taking you to a French mansion built in 1936. Here, you will be introduced to a special coffee brewed with a secret ingredient in style. We will also do a “secret walk”, live, together with our guide, to get to know how local people live their life in the old quarters.
• The next stop is a hide-away café located on the 2nd floor of a multi-functional building. This place is so hidden that people often pass by without realising that they have just missed one of three original “Hanoian cappuccino” cafes.
• Our third stop will be at a place nicknamed The Art Café. Featuring bitter coffee style, this place has a nice architecture and a fun history since 1952 which you will find out more from our guides.
• Hanoi coffee culture evolves over time and in this last stop, we will bring you to one of the newest concept coffee bar in town featuring single origin Vietnamese coffee from the Central Highlands. Our guide will show you live on how modern technology is used to produce a cup of high-quality local coffee here.