Travelling to Hanoi city offers delicious street food that can be found everywhere and is an integral part of the livelihoods of many locals in the city.
- Child (under 13)
Highlights of this experience:
- Daily local life experience
- Savor diverse flavors of Vietnamese coffee
- Hanoi’s history and culture with the attractive sites
Hanoi unique coffee culture
When the French people colonized Hanoi successfully in 1882, they named the city “Little Paris”. They introduced coffee drinking culture to Hanoi, and since then the local people have found their own ways to create wonderful authentic drinks.
The “Coffee Tasting Experience” will give you the opportunity to find out the hidden gem cafes, enjoy the drinks and learn about how the truly tasty cups of coffee are made.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Group Size: 2-8 people
Time: @9:00 -12:30 | @10:00 – 13:30
Meeting Place: St. Joseph’s Cathedral (40 Nhà Chung st.) at the fence in front of the church
Private/Customized Tour: Available upon request
Tour Date: Daily and Year Round (except for Vietnamese lunar new year holiday from 10th Feb 2021 – 18th Feb 2021)
Inclusions: English speaking tour guide, Coffee, Transportation during tour
Exclusions: Personal expenses, food/meal, tips and gratitude for tour guide.
Good to know: Breakfast/lunch is recommended before the tour
- The trip starts off by taking visitors to a French mansion built in 1936. You will drink a special coffee containing a secret ingredient in style and then do a “secret walk” to get to know how local people live their life in the old quarters – the oldest and most expensive area of Hanoi.
- The next stop is a hide-away café. Located on the 2nd floor of a multi-functional building, people often pass by it without realizing that they have just missed one of three original “Hanoian cappuccino” cafes.
- After that, you will be kindly required to keep silent or whisper while drinking the 3 rd cup of coffee. Unlikely the other parts of Hanoi which are dominated by the hustle and bustle, the third hidden coffee lays in a quieter military dormitory and has a very strict owner. He wants you to focus on enjoying your coffee, so don’t bother asking him for wifi password.
- To continue, have you ever thought of dessert style – coffees? They are the “musts” for people with a sweet tooth. The names of the drinks and their recipes will be revealed as soon as you give them a try.
- If you are a “coffeeholic”, do not miss a chance to be our guest!
Experience local daily life
Savor diverse flavors of Vietnamese coffee
Find out more about Hanoi’s history and culture with the attractive sites